The Rainy Day Trust is the only charity dedicated to providing assistance to people who work, or have worked, in the home improvement industry in any capacity. We help people who have worked for at least year in builders’ merchants, timber and plumbing merchants, DIY, housewares, hardware, potteries and glassware, have low savings and are on a low income. We’ve been around since 1843 and since that time have developed a range of services designed specifically to meet the needs of people struggling to survive to make ends meet. We don’t judge, just offer sensible, practical help.
Our services include:
- Grants for one off essential items like washing machines or beds, or even a contribution towards house repairs.
- Ongoing grants of £100 a month for those on the lowest incomes.
- Free debt advice
- Free housing advice
- Free telephone based counselling, all completely confidential.
- Free one-hour legal session on any non-criminal matter
- Winter fuel poverty pack including a £250 grant to pay your utility bill, free boiler servicing and the installation of a corrosion inhibitor.
- Free training or e-learning support, designed to help people re-train or up-skill.
- Apprenticeship support package to help apprentices through their training including travel costs, free laptops and printers, and free additional training provision to give a better qualification.
Chief Executive Officer
Rainy Day Trust
Support the Rainy Day Trust Pembrokeshire Coastal Challenge May 2017
Text PEMB17 £3 to 70070 to donate £3 to support the Trust.